Futures Broker Home Study Course (Series 3)
Now in its Twenty-Second Edition.
The most widely-used Series 3 preparatory course!
- The Futures Broker Home Study Course has 8
sections, each covering one of the topics in the National Futures Association's study outline for the National Commodity
Futures Exam (Series 3).
- The course is updated as needed!
- The Quizzes have expanded answer keys showing calculations
and/or page references for answers.
- 2 final exams are patterned after the NCFE (National
Commodity Futures Exam) and each has an expanded answer key.
- Economy! Study at home in your spare time.
No need to travel, miss work, or pay food and lodging, as with seminars.
Also, competitively priced!
- Success! Some customers report a pass-rate
in excess of 90% on the NCFE. Of course, your results may vary, depending
on time studied, prior knowledge, and aptitudes.
- Free Phone/E-mail/Skype Support! If you have questions about
our material, the NCFE, or futures in general we're just a phone call, chat, or e-mail
away with the answer. With access to our tutor, you have all the tools at your disposal to help you pass the exam!
- 40–50 study hours recommended.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Futures Trading Theory and Basic Functions Terminology
- Margins, Option Premiums, Price Limits, Futures Settlements, Delivery, Exercise, and Assignment
- Types of Orders and Price Analysis
- Basic Hedging, Basis Calculations, Hedging Commodity Futures, Hedging Financial and Monetary Futures, including Security Futures Products such as SSFs and narrow-based indexes
- Speculating in Futures
- Options Hedging, Speculation, Spreading
- NFA/CFTC Regulations (relating to AP Activities), Regulations on CPOs/CTAs
- 2 Final Exams
If you've ever wondered what makes the Center for
Futures Education's Futures Broker Home Study Course the best Series
3 prep course on the market, here are five reasons:
1. It was written by a two-person team (from widely differing
backgrounds) who have both taken the Series 3 exam, not by a panel of experts
who have never taken the exam.
2. We re-take the exam periodically and update
our material accordingly—even after 30 years.
3. Shortly after it was written, it was read by our secretary
who had no special training in this field and a high school education
only. In areas where she had problems, we rewrote the material so it was
clear to her.
4. When customers call in with questions about the
material, we rewrite the material on which they had questions until it
5. We used the Futures Broker Home Study Course as a
textbook to teach German students (who had English as a second language)
to pass the Series 3 exam. When something wasn't clear to them, we rewrote
it until it was clear.